Home to a rich diversity of programs in the social sciences, humanities and professional fields, LA&PS has a strong commitment to accessibility, effective teaching, quality academic programming, hands-on learning, community outreach and internationalization. These values are not just legacies of our past, but the foundation for our future.
- Blend internationally recognized research, effective teaching and a commitment to diversity, equity and social justice.
- Mirror the range, global sensitivity and intensity of our degree programs and the diversity and engagement of our students and instructors.
- Further our strong research and service cultures, ensuring researchers bring their scholarship into the classroom and out into the community.
- Remain sensitive to the aspirations of and challenges faced by our communities.
- Sustain and renew the ideals and practices of the modern university by drawing from our own tradition of self-examination and reflection.
- Provide access to all qualified applicants, including non-traditional and international students.
Where We Stand
York University recognizes the unique and enduring relationship many Indigenous Nations have with the territories upon which its campuses are located that precede the establishment of the University.
Addressing Anti-Black Racism
Discover the strategies LA&PS is employing to address and combat anti-Black racism within York and the community, including working to establish a permanent committee on equity, diversity and inclusion.
Have your say in the Faculty’s very first academic plan. Help us to set our priorities, strategy, and vision for the next five years through a series of town halls, surveys and other engagements.