Placement Organization: YSpace
Position Title: Marketing Ambassador
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: Downtown Markham Mall, 169 Enterprise BLVD Markham, Ontario
YSpace is York University’s community innovation hub located in Downtown Markham. We support a growing number of innovators by providing space for entrepreneurs and community members alike to collaborate and connect to resources within the University and throughout the York Region. We welcome all innovators – whether you’re a student, alumni, or community entrepreneur, we want to create a diverse and supportive community! We offer several services to our entrepreneurs including access to a coworking office space, makerspace equipped with high end technologies, expertise mentorship, invitations to local events, and funding opportunities.
• Social Media Management, research, and tracking (i.e scheduling consistent posts including event promotion, news, and articles. Tracking and sharing media coverage of Yspace and our startup companies)
• Monthly newsletter publishing
• Website blog posts, press releases, startup profiles
• Creation of a marketing guideline and branding strategy proposal
• Ability to learn new online applications (such as social media management platforms like Hootsuite);
• Ability to research and summarize research findings clearly; and
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Proficient in both their oral and written communication;
• Punctual and professional in their approach to the work assigned;
• Willing to experiment with new approaches to communication and media.
Knowledge of Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite or similar graphic design tools, WordPress management, experience with blogging or content creation