Book your next event, workshop or focus group with us. The Resource Centre for Public Sociology facilities include:
- Large (23’x23’) multi-purpose focus group/meeting/research room with modular furniture configurations to suit various group sizes and purposes, 80” wired monitor with webcam, seating for 25 boardroom or 35 theatre style.
- Adjacent (14.5’x23’) observation room with a wide expanse one way window, 60” monitor, and audio system, which allows observers to watch and listen to interaction unobtrusively (seating for 24)
- Video recording of focus groups available
- Colour video cameras with remotely controlled panning, tilting, zooming, and participant tracking capabilities
- Rooms available for interviewing
- Digital voice recorders for recording interviews
- Inquire about other needs: catering, trained interviewers, transcribing interviews
Booking Policies & Procedures
Requests for bookings must be accompanied by a description of the proposed research well in advance of the anticipated start date. Booking requests should be done through Susan Foster, Media Technician by calling 416-736-5014 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The centre is intended to facilitate particular pedagogical or curriculum goals in research-based courses. It cannot be used as regular classroom space. Please notify us of cancellations as soon as possible. We often have a waiting list that we try to accommodate when possible.
Note: While bookings are accepted on a first-come/first-serve basis we strive to be flexible to meet individual needs and requirements. Submitting a proposal does not guarantee acceptance. Once we have received your request we will inform you as to the availability of the dates and times you have requested.
Fees: Our rates are lower than market value and fees contribute to maintaining and upgrading the Resource Centre’s facilities and programs. We are happy to work within your budget.
Proposals should include:
- A one page description of the study that includes purpose, research design, and research team members. If booking a room for an event or activity, submit a one page description.
- Anticipated dates and times for use of the facilities.
- RCPS resources requested: specify rooms, equipment, technical assistance, interviewers/facilitators, and/or consultation with RCPS Director.
- Funding sources, if applicable, i.e. SSHRC, NSERC, LAPS Grant, etc., and budget for space and equipment expenses.
- Contact name, phone number, and e-mail address.
Principal Investigators are required to inform the Resource Centre Director or Media Technician of any change in personnel or research design, i.e. new research assistants, change in methodology, etc. Notification must include the relevant information and details describing changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Email Susan Foster at email@example.com with your request, detailing your specific requirements, i.e. whether you require audio and/or video-recording, the size of your group or class, the number of sessions you will need, and tentative dates and times.
While bookings are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, we strive to meet individual needs in a flexible and informative manner. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner once we have your full information and requirements.