Find out about
fees and financial support.
- News & Events
- New students
- International Graduate Students
While you're learning about being a graduate student at York, mark your calendar for Graduate Studies Orientation.
You want to start your graduate studies on the right foot, and we want to help. Even if you completed your undergraduate degree at York, you'll find there's a lot to learn.
Join us on Wednesday, August 29 for Graduate Studies Orientation.
You've been offered admission.
What comes next?
You'll need to accept your offer, register for the term, enroll in your courses, pay fees...
Check off our new student check list.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies provides support for international graduate students who have joined York to pursue a graduate degree. In close association with York International, we strive to to enrich the educational experiences of international graduate students, including those who are coming to York University as exchange and/or visiting students. Apart from offering various academic and financial supports necessary to smooth out the transition of international students, FGS also seeks to ensure that international students succeed in their academic endeavors. We invite you to browse through our web site, including this section, to become familiar with our services and other resources we offer.
- Presentation: Permanent Residency Opportunities for International Students presented by the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.
Ontario’ Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration and York International are pleased to bring you an information session on the different options on applying for permanent residency.
Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program
This is an Immigration Program through which Ontario nominates to the federal government, individuals and their families for permanent resident status. International Students may be eligible to apply for a permanent resident status under one of the three streams available which will be presented in this information session. There will also be an opportunity for students to ask questions afterwards.
Date: Friday November 22, 2013
Time: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Location: Curtis Lecture Hall (K)
Please note Registration is mandatory
To register, please e–mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your student number, last name,first name and faculty.
For more information on Opportunities Ontario, please see the Ontario Immigration website.
- York International (200 York Lanes) maintains a web page specifically for Visiting International Graduate Student Scholars to York University.
- The Government of Canada makes financial Awards available for Non–Canadians studying/researching and teaching in Canadian post–secondary institutions.
- The Government of Canada also has a website on Scholarships and other information through the Council of Members of Education, Canada.
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies also makes financial Awards available for Non–Canadians studying here at York University.
For more information, or to have any questions you may have answered, contact the York International Office:
200 York Lanes, Telepone: 416–736–5177
This page is under development as part of our website modernization project.