We offer two teacher education program delivery models – Concurrent and Consecutive – leading to the Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree and a recommendation for certification with the Ontario College of Teachers.
Graduates of our BEd program can teach in K-12 schools and are certified to teach in Ontario in one of the following grade levels:
- Primary-Junior (JK to Grade 6)
- Junior-Intermediate (Grade 4 to Grade 10) or
- Intermediate-Senior (Grade 7 to Grade 12)
Our program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the teaching profession as confident and effective teachers.
BEd - Concurrent
Students work towards earning their Concurrent BEd degree while completing another York undergraduate degree.
- Students can apply as Direct Entry from high school or
- Students can apply as upper-year York University students
BEd - Consecutive
Students have already completed or are in their last year of completing an undergraduate degree may qualify to study in the two year Consecutive BEd degree program.
- Bachelor of Education (Consecutive Full-time) – December 1, 2020
- Bachelor of Education Technological Education (Consecutive Full-time) - December 1, 2020
- Bachelor of Education (Pre-Education Direct Entry Concurrent Full-time) – mid-January 2021
- Bachelor of Education (Concurrent Full-time Upper-year York University students) – February 15, 2021