The Vernon Oliver Stong Graduate Scholarships in Science are available to graduate students enrolled in their first year of Masters or first year of Doctoral studies in the field of science (excluding engineering). The scholarships will be awarded primarily on the basis of research excellence and academic performance but students must also demonstrate financial need.
Value and Duration
- Full-time registered graduate student in the Faculty of Science
- Must be either in Year 1 of Masters or Year 1 of Doctoral studies at the time of application
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons and be Ontario residents*
- Minimum grade point average of B+ over the last two academic years
- Graduate Program Assistant or Graduate Program Director of the student’s program.