Change of Status Request
To request a change in status, you must complete an Academic Petition Form or a Program Approval Form and return it to your Graduate Program Office. Please note any change in registration status will affect your funding; before initiating your request, consult with your graduate program and review Current Students—Regulations.
Please complete an Academic Petition Form for the following:
- Authorization to pursue graduate studies at a location other than York
- Change of registration status
- Extension of program time limits
- Leaves of absence
- No course available petition
- Reinstatement to defend
- Waive a program requirement
Leave of Absence
Please complete a Leave of Absence—Elective Form for the following:
- Elective leave of absence
- Maternity leave
- Parental leave
Please complete a Program Withdrawal Form to withdraw from the Faculty of Graduate Studies, and submit it to your graduate program office.
Note: Withdrawing from a course or dropping a course does not constitute official withdrawal from the program; graduate students pay fees per term, not per course.