York boasts teachers and researchers making remarkable discoveries and contributions to knowledge each and every day.
With one of the largest and finest cohorts of graduate students in the country, York’s Faculty of Graduate Studies has the resources and ambition to provide the strong administrative and financial support that is necessary to facilitate a first-rate student experience.
York offers academic excellence, diversity and social relevance with 100+ full- and part-time graduate degree programs, specialized graduate diploma programs, innovative joint programs, and a number of dual-degree programs. Exceptional programs in humanities, social sciences, business, science, fine arts, health and the environment help facilitate lifelong achievements and partnerships.
- Choose a Master’s degree, of usually one or two years, to gain advanced knowledge in a field and take on positions of greater responsibility in your future career.
- Choose a Professional Master’s degree — in Law, Business, Social Work, Human Resources Management, Disaster & Emergency Management, Critical Disability Studies, Financial Accountability, Public & International Affairs, or Public Policy, Administration & Law — to emphasize the practical application of advanced knowledge and skills.
- Choose a Doctoral degree to spend four to six years on advanced, original research in a specialized academic field.
A graduate diploma denotes specialization in an area, gained through intensive graduate-level study. It supplements an already established area of study or expertise and adds value and interdisciplinary perspective to a degree.
- Concurrent diploma programs allow you to explore one aspect of a field in depth while pursuing your master’s or doctoral degree.
- Stand-alone, direct-entry diploma programs provide the occasion to pursue graduate-level studies in a specialized area without completing a full graduate degree.
York allows you to do things differently. Add impact to your graduate studies by crossing disciplinary lines through joint program offerings, including:
- The Schulich School of Business and programs in the School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design
- The Faculty of Environmental Studies and Osgoode Hall Law School
- Osgoode Hall and the graduate program in Philosophy
- Communication & Culture at York University and Toronto Metropolitan University
Please visit Graduate Programs for a comprehensive overview of all York's program options.