Instructors in the Faculty of Health may request among three symbolic appreciation options for guest speakers and community partners who support experiential education activities (including ones that take place remotely/virtually).
- Free Parking (promo code)
- Retail eGift Card ($25.00)
You may request an appreciation gift if all four of the following criteria apply to you:
- You are a Faculty of Health instructor inviting a guest speaker or community partner to speak in your class in person or remotely.
- The guest speaker or community partner is supporting experiential learning in your course (e.g. sharing a presentation, case study, challenge, project idea).
- You will engage students in reflection activities to help them achieve the learning outcomes related to this activity
- You have not received honorarium funding through a Fund for Innovations in Teaching (FIT) for the same guest.* (Applies to the eGift Card only).
Step 1- Complete and submit the following online request form at least one week in advance of your guest’s engagement in your course.*
Step 2- You will receive an e-mail with the items and further instructions from the EE Coordinators within one week of your request.
*eGift cards and promo codes for free parking come in limited quantities and will be provided on an as-requested basis. There is a limit of five eGift cards per course section.
About the Free Parking
Free parking comes in the form of a promo code. A limited number of promo codes for free parking are available.
- When your request is approved, you will receive an e-mail with the promo code and further instructions.
- Guests will need to download the mobile app, Honk, from their device’s app store and enter the code.
- Promo codes are issued for one of these garages: Arboretum (#80), Student Services (#84) and York Lanes (#72), all of which include accessibility parking. View interactive Map or PDF Map of York University Keele Campus.
About the eGift Cards
A limited number of eGift Cards valued at $25.00 are available.
- You will be able to select from a list of available retailers
- When approved, you will receive an e-mail with the eGift Card that you can forward it to the guest
- eGift cards are mutually exclusive with the honorarium mechanisms offered through the Fund for Innovation in Teaching (FIT). If you have been awarded a FIT for honorarium-related expenses ,you are not eligible to apply for this appreciation mechanism and vice-versa.
About the Thank You Letters
- You will have the option to request an electronic or physical copy of the letter
- The EE Coordinator will drop off the physical letter at the location you specify on the request form
If you are not able to submit the request one week in advance, and for all other questions please contact the Faculty of Health Experiential Education Coordinators at email@example.com.