Every year, the Professional Writing Students' Association (PWSA) invites you to participate in a themed symposium. At these events, students can present their ideas, reflect on their personal experiences and network with peers. Read below for more details on upcoming events and recaps on previous years.
Derived from the Latin word “limen,” meaning “threshold", liminality refers to space of change in-between.
With “Liminalities,” the PWSA invites students to write and present 10-minute papers about the events, emotions, realizations, growth, consequences and change that surround the in-between.
- Life-changing events, moments or decisions
- Rites of passage
- Identity changes
- Physical and mental transformations
- Borders and limits
- Reality, dreams and perception
- Possibilities and uncertainties
- Milestones and stages of life
- Liminal spaces in the arts (music, dance, visual art)