Bachelor of Arts (BA)
This program offers a unique opportunity to get practical experience in the profession of writing. Our students develop inventive approaches to writing that keep pace with cultural, social and technological changes. Our graduates are highly sought after by employers who recognize the need for talented communicators.
What you’ll learn
- The history, theory and practice of writing
- Digital writing
- Organizational and business writing
- Periodical writing or publishing
- Editing and book publishing
- Creating a live podcast
- Visiting an amateur sports match as an accredited journalist
- Editing and publishing books
- Creating websites
- Developing outreach projects for community organizations
- Working as communications consultants
We focus on writing as a profession and in a profession. Part of how we do that is to recognize that professional writing is a creative process that ultimately has a positive impact on all types of writing. We build a sense of community through cohort progression and direct interaction with faculty.
Professor, Professional Writing