Established in honour of former Vice President Finance and Administration Phyllis Clark, the award recognizes a York employee who has made outstanding contributions to the University in terms of efficiency, cleanliness, safety, security or other campus/plant services.
The award consists of a $500 purse, generously funded by the Division of the Vice-President Finance and Administration, and a framed certificate. The winner’s name will also be engraved on an annual plaque that will be displayed in the winner’s home department for one year.
Nomination Package Checklist
Please feel free to download this checklist to help you compile the nomination file and ensure that you have met all of the requirements before completing the online nomination form. NOTE: This checklist does not need to be uploaded with the nomination form and is for your reference only.
- Demonstrates a performance record that consistently exceeds the stated expectations in their job description and is actively engaged in the workplace
- Serves as a positive role model to their co-workers
- Demonstrates excellence in service to the York community
- Demonstrates initiative in contributing to enhancing a sense of community through improvements to one of the campus or plant service areas in a manner that creates a sustained positive image of York University
- Preference will be given to a staff member in a front-line service role
- A full time, permanent staff member at York that has been continuously employed for 2 years as of December 31, 2021
- A non-academic staff member (CUPE 1356, CPM, YUSA or IOUE)
The Chief Nominator is responsible for putting together a nomination file with specific examples that consists of:
- A nomination letter (maximum of 3 pages)
- The nominee's C.V. or work history at York University
- The job description of the nominee's current position
- A minimum of 3 letters total (1 nomination letter and min. 2 letters of support)
- A maximum of 4 letters (1 nomination letter and max. 3 letters of support)
- Each letter of support must not exceed a total of 3 pages
- One of the letters of support OR the nomination letter must be from the nominee’s current Manager
- The chief nominator and one supporting nominator OR at least 2 of the supporting nominators must be from outside of the nominee's home department
- The total number of pages of ALL letters combined must not exceed 12 pages
- Using specific examples, describe how the nominee contributes to the University's goals/objectives, to the nominee's office/division and to the broader York Community
- Illustrate with examples of how the nominee meets or exceeds each of the criteria for the award
- Quotations from other persons are not permitted and letters can only have one author (multiple authors on a letter are not permitted)
- Do not include any references or confidential documents, such as employee performance ratings or evaluations
- Do not use acronyms in the letters
- Self-nominations are not permitted
Excellence is everywhere at York. We encourage you to consider nominating someone from outside your home department.
To nominate someone for the Phyllis Clark Campus Service Award, please click here.
The deadline for submission is Friday, April 22, 2022.