The President’s Leadership Award recognizes those who are committed to excellence in their service to York. Individuals nominated for this award perform at a level that inspires professionalism, creativity and innovation across the University community at large.
The award consists of a $500 purse and a certificate. The winner’s name will also be engraved on an annual plaque that will be displayed in the winner’s home department for one year.
Nomination Package Checklist
Please feel free to download this checklist to help you compile the nomination file and ensure you have met all of the requirements before completing the online nomination form. NOTE: This checklist does not need to be uploaded with the nomination form and is for your reference only.
- Adheres to a standard of professionalism that inspires others
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation
- Demonstrates leadership in promoting collaborative efforts and a sense of collegiality across the University and/or beyond
- Demonstrates community impact outside of the stated requirements of the position (this can include internal or external community-based participation such as committee work, service on volunteer boards or work in an organization)
- Regularly and consistently performs at a level that exceeds the requirements of their position and has a significant impact on the unit or Division
- Demonstrates initiative that has had an impact on the University beyond the nominee’s department
- A full time, permanent employee at York who has been employed for five continuous years as of December 31, 2022
- A member of the Confidential, Professional and Managerial employee group
Nomination File Requirements
The Chief Nominator is responsible for putting together a nomination file that consists of:
- A nomination letter (maximum of 3 pages)
- The nominee's C.V. or work history at York University
- The job description of the nominee's current position
- A maximum of three (3) letters in total (1 nomination letter and min. two (2) letters of support).
- Each letter of support must not exceed a total of three (3) pages.
- The total number of pages of ALL three letters combined does not exceed 9 pages.
- One of the letters of support OR the nomination letter must be from the nominee’s current Manager
- The chief nominator and one supporting nominator OR at least 2 of the supporting nominators must be from outside of the nominee's home department
- Using specific examples, describe how the nominee contributes to the University's goals/objectives, to the nominee's office/division and to the broader York Community
- Illustrate with recent examples of how the nominee meets or exceeds each of the criteria for the award
- Provide statistics/results in the nominations letters
- Quotations from other persons are not permitted and letters can only have one author (multiple authors on a letter are not permitted)
- Do not include any references or confidential documents such as employee performance ratings or evaluations
- Do not use acronyms in the letter
- Files that have been re-submitted should be updated and reflect recent examples
- Self-nominations are not permitted
Excellence is everywhere at York. We encourage you to consider nominating someone from outside your home department.
To nominate someone for the President's Leadership Award, please click here.
Submissions for the 2022 President's Staff Recognition Awards are now closed. Thank you for your nominations!