The School of Social Work is recognized as having one of the most progressive and socially responsive social work programs in Canada. The School offers two undergraduate (BSW) streams and two innovative graduate programs, including and MSW and PhD. Students receive a professional social work education that is characterized by a commitment to human rights and social justice. Dedicated instructors, who draw from a strong contemporary curriculum and their own practical experience, afford students the opportunity to acquire their own social work philosophies and skills. York students are equipped for professional practice in a wide variety of social work arenas, from work with individuals and families to practice with community, policy, research, and international settings.
The School of Social Work fosters intellectual curiosity and a spirit of inquiry through its emphasis on critical perspectives in social work. In light of its belief in social work as social justice work, the School consistently teaches applied practice skills throughout the curriculum.
Study Plan and Program Advising
The School of Social Work is pleased to announce that we are now offering scheduled Study Plan and Program Advising requirement appointments on the following days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am to 11:30 am 2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Thursdays from 2:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Students book your appointment now!. In addition, you can also call us at 416-736-5226 or drop-by.
7th Annual Social Work Research Symposium - May 2, 2014
Transformative Social Work Education and Knowledge: Critical Practice in the New World Order
Organized by the School of Social Work at York University, the 7th Annual Social Work Research Symposium on May 2, 2014, aims to foster critical social work education, research and practice that promote human rights, social justice and transformations specific to a contemporary, historical, social, political and economical context, both locally and globally.
News & Events
- March 25, 6pm :::The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination Annual Lecture
- Applying to the BSW Direct Entry (Non Highschool Students) or Post Degree Program
- Current York Students Applying to Change their Major/Program to Social Work
- BSW Undergraduate Supplementary Application Form for CURRENT YORK STUDENTS ONLY!
- Contract Academic Employment Opportunities Website
- MSW students strive for social change through research
- Creating social change through research
- Social Work Beyond the Classroom
- CUPE Postings