Skip to main content Skip to local navigation
Home » Graduate Housing - York Apartments

Graduate Housing - York Apartments


As of October 14, 2020, the University has announced that daily screening is MANDATORY for all community members living on campus to protect everyone’s health and safety, reduce the risk of transmission and limit future outbreaks of COVID-19. The form can be found here.

Leaseholders in units with registered sharers are responsible to relay the information and direct their household to this form. If your sharer is a minor (dependent/child), you are also being directed to complete the form on their behalf.

Housing & Conference Services is continuing to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 global pandemic. Click here for the most recent University COVID-19 updates.

If you are feeling ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms while living in residence, please contact Telehealth (1-866-797-0000) or Toronto Public Health immediately.

York Apartments are managed by York University's Housing and offer 1,250 self-contained living units to eligible graduate students, Osgoode law students and students with families (spouse/children).

The apartments are conveniently located right on York's Keele Campus within walking distance to classes and a variety of campus amenities such as study space, libraries, food outlets and sport facilities. Four high-rise Assiniboine towers are attractively grouped at the south edge of campus and contain a community playground and the nine-story Atkinson Residence nearby offers a daycare facility. Passy Crescent, a low-rise courtyard complex is also the home of the Osgoode Chambers where law students will receive priority placement to be part of a unique living-learning community.

York Apartments offer a variety of both furnished and unfurnished apartment options including bachelor, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units. There are also some adapted units for students who require wheelchair access or visual alarm.

Moving Information

Please review procedures for moving.


Adapted Housing

Housing Services strives to accommodate the needs of students with disabilities wishing to live on campus.

We provide a number of adapted units in our undergraduate residences and apartment-style units for wheelchair users (some are equipped with assistive devices) and several rooms are outfitted with visual alarms. Service animals and support persons are welcomed in our buildings provided they are in accordance with the health and safety and other university policies.

All students applying to live on campus will have the opportunity to indicate if they have a disability on their application and whether they have any specific accommodation needs. They are encouraged to register with Student Accessibility Services who will conduct a housing needs assessment and work closely with us to provide the most suitable housing placement and supportive living environment (subject to availability).

For more information, please visit the Student Accessibility Services website.