eClass is York University's Learning Management System (LMS) that hosts LA&PS courses and is accessible through any active Passport York Account.
All LA&PS courses are designated an eClass (Learning Management) Course Website for every section/meet, in every term. The website has an auto student enrolment feature that adds your students to your course website.
The previous Moodle server is still accessible and hosts LA&PS courses prior to Fall 2020, in addition to any training, non credit and project courses up to Summer 2020.
eClass is supported by Moodle version 3.9.
Moodle supports numerous LMS applications and tools. Upload course lecture files, use activity modules such as forums and wikis, facilitate online assessments and assignments (via Turn it in), post unofficial progress grades, or all of the above.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service you can use to virtually meet with your students- either by video or audio-only or both. It also allows you to prerecord asynchronous lectures and post online. It is integrated within eClass and can also be used independently.
Panopto is a lecture recording, screencasting, video streaming, and video content management software.
Setting up your eClass
Instructors are added automatically to eClass courses based on the information from the Academic Resource Management System (ARMS). There is no need to request a course.
Fill out the eClass Support Form for one of the following services:
- Merging Sections
- Copying course content from one term to another
- To request a non-credit eClass course for extracurricular activities, please fill out this non-academic form
- Attend training for Zoom and eClass sessions.
- Review the many resources from the Teaching Commons, Going Remote and LA&PS Going Digital webpages.
- Review the eClass Help Centre website for detailed instructional information and additional Zoom and Learning Systems/Support.
- Log in to eClass directly.
Note: Courses beginning from Fall of 2020 and onward are stored on the new eClass server. All prior courses are stored on the Moodle server.
Tips & Resources
Have questions or need help?
Fill out the eServices, LA&PS Support Request Form or call 416 736-5831 or 416 736-5622.