Please note this training is available to LA&PS faculty and staff only.
Our current Microsoft 365 training session focuses on using One Drive with Teams.
One Drive is a storage and collaboration tool that makes it easy to store and share files, media and documents all in one place, with access from any device with an internet connection. Every York University faculty/staff has 5TB amount of storage space for use and in this training, you will learn to manage your files. By default, all your stored documents are visible to you only, you can bypass “attachments”, by sharing documents with colleagues, staff, students and with non York University members.
Teams allows for collaborative project work by using real-time editing tools such as chat and video conferencing. You create a team, add users, communicate between team members and share files.
- Move existing files from your X drive or shared office files to One Drive
- Share a link to a specific file for either viewing or editing purposes
- Share a folder with multiple files for the purpose of reference and/or collaboration
- Facilitate team work by collaborating in real time with other workshop attendees
- Teams allows for collaborative project work by using real-time editing tools such as chat and video conferencing. You create a team, add users, communicate between team members and share files.
Group training workshops will be offered only on introducing new methods of procedures and/or major revisions to the apps.
One-to-one training and access will be offered by request. Please contact email@example.com to set up a personalized training session.