Canada’s leader in HRM education.
Get specialized training in all aspects of Human Resources Management by studying people and how they work in today’s complex world. You’ll learn to become a leader in HRM as you study such diverse subjects as organizational behaviour, career management, industrial and labour relations, compensation, talent management, work law and labour policy.
You’ll benefit from our many in-class and community-focused hands-on learning opportunities. Most courses integrate guest lecturers from the industry. Our paid internships provide invaluable work experience at some of Canada’s leading companies. 90% of our students get jobs in the public and private sector within six months.
As part of your degree, you will complete all the components of the professional Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation, so you can take the certification exam immediately after graduating. Or use your degree to follow any number of career paths, including benefits and career counselling, mediation, collective bargaining, industrial relations, recruitment, human resources, compensation, talent management, project management and more.
What you’ll learn
- Develop the research, analytical and management skills that are crucial to employment a variety of HRM areas.
- Learn ways to address problems and engage in critical intellectual debates about today’s working world.
- Study the latest world-class research and benefit from our internationally recognized faculty’s expertise.
- Work collaboratively with your peers on case studies.
- Get practical, real-life skills by participating in projects with an organization or simulated in the classroom.
- Learn from esteemed guest lecturers in the field.
- Gain access to paid internships at some of Canada’s leading companies.
The BHRM program surely bridged the gap between university and the professional world as our lectures involved a combination of classroom and web-based learning, real-life business cases, presentations, workshops, guest speakers, and much more. Most importantly, I was fortunate enough to have been taught by talented professors who truly made our lectures engaging and valuable.
— Isra Ikram
Alumna, Human Resource Management '13
Current students can contact the School of HRM Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.