Bachelor in Sport Management (BSM)
Offered exclusively at our Markham campus, this business-oriented program focuses on the managerial and organizational aspects of sport.
Learn about sport innovation and entrepreneurship alongside studies in sport leadership, sport communications and community relations, sport analytics and e-sport. You will be introduced to creativity and innovation in the world of recreational, amateur and professional sport, and develop skills and knowledge relevant to evolving sport management practices.
What you’ll learn
- Gain foundational knowledge of sport management as a profession.
- Lead sport innovation and change initiatives in recreational, amateur and professional sports.
- Draw on sport management fundamentals, including legal, economic, financial, sociological and psychological insights, to respond to industry challenges.
- The experiential education component includes strategic management, marketing or finance and accounting projects.
- It also includes two employer and community-focused, hands-on learning opportunities.
Sample First-Year Courses
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Sport in Society
- Sport and Psychology
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, ENG4U, MHF4U or MDM4U, 4 additional 4U or M courses.
- Professional Sports Management
- Athletic Director
- Recreational Program Administration
- Sport Entrepreneurship