- Study closer to home, with easy access to transit.
- Enjoy a small-campus setting, while at the same time having access to the comprehensive teaching and research strengths of York University.
- State-of-the-art facilities in the heart of the vibrant and growing City of Markham community.
- Unique flexible and hands-on learning, with job-ready academic programming and research opportunities.
- Innovative academic programming focused on digital technologies, entrepreneurship, new media and communications – core skills needed to contribute to the future economic success and community development of Markham, York Region, and across Ontario.
- Relevant workplace-based learning placements and local job prospects upon graduation.
York Region and the City of Markham
York University’s long-term presence in York Region will:
- Be a significant catalyst for investment in Markham and York Region, attracting new residents and businesses, and contributing to building resilient and sustainable
- Provide major collaborative opportunities for the private sector and not-for-profit partners
- Provide a skilled talent pool for employers and new start ups in all sectors to encourage continued economic growth in the region
- Offer professional development for mid-career employees seeking to retool and upgrade their skills
- Generate new knowledge and research applications to fuel future innovation
The Markham Campus is expected to generate over $350 million in immediate economic spinoffs, including:
- Over 2,000 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) job years during building construction
Once open York's Markham Campus will contribute significantly to the economic growth of the region and province by:
- Contributing $54 million annually to the Province’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- Creating 315 new employment opportunities
- Creating new business opportunities for the private sector and not-for-profit partners