The financial services industry is facing radical transformation and restructuring. The industry is evolving towards customer-centric, platform-based model supported by global digital technology.
Students and faculty can play a role in redefining the future of the financial world by developing, evaluating, and implementing next-gen Financial Technologies (FinTech) to address complex real-world financial problems in a socially responsible manner. Bolstered by five research centres and the expertise of more than 50 faculty members engaged in FinTech research across York University, students will be at the intersection at the cutting edge of FinTech research.
FinTech will draw upon the considerable research expertise at York University in the areas of:
- blockchain technology
- central bank digital currencies (CBDCs)
- public policy and compliance
- information systems governance
- decentralized finance (DeFi) and the digital transformation of financial institutions
- insurance technology (InsurTech)
- the development of IT platforms for financial information
- financial data analytics
York’s approach to research and training will encourage responsible organizational and societal adaptation to FinTech, innovation and entrepreneurship, and leverage the opportunities that accessibility to financial technologies bring.
FinTech Research Centres at York
- Centre for Innovation in Computing @ Lassonde
- Institute for Research on Digital Literacies
- Risk and Insurance Studies Centre
- Centre of Excellence in Digital Finance and FinTech (Schulich School of Business)
- Blockchain Lab