Keeping your career in focus
As York alumni, you have learned how to learn, how to explore and how to build the life and career you want. We’re always here to support that – from providing guidance to recent grads, to career coaching for more-established alumni. And don’t forget that continuing education can help career growth at any stage, or even help you decide to go a different route altogether.
FREE six-month access to LinkedIn Learning
Alumni Engagement is proud to partner with Manulife to make this offer available to alumni free of charge. The first 1,900 registrants get up to six months* free access to LinkedIn Learning, with access to features and courses that are designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career.
You can benefit from:
- Unlimited access to all 16,000 courses. New ones added every week.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, and exercise files
*If you do not access your LIL account for a period of two months, we will reassign the license to waitlisted alumni.
HOW TO GET LINKEDIN LEARNING:
- Watch your inbox in April 2022 for an email invitation from LinkedIn Learning for York Alumni containing your unique, non-transferable registration link.
- Request access via email to Melanie McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org with LinkedIn Learning in the subject line and your full name and year of graduation in the message. Within 24 hours you will receive a registration link. As space is limited, should we reach capacity before you have a chance to register, we will email you again when space becomes available.
Generously sponsored by
Most people don’t land the perfect job right after graduation, and it can be tough to figure out how to find the right role. But as York alumni, you can get help from our Career Centre professionals for up to two years after you graduate, getting supportive coaching to help you as you develop career self-management skills.
York’s Career Centre works to build your abilities and confidence through innovative career development and job search strategies, with practical support.
A coach is someone who is always on your side, but who will “tell it like it is” – things you might want to learn more about, but also the things you’re doing well. A CareerJoy certified career coach can help you gain control over your career and your future helping you learn to be a better leader, step up your job search or a career change, or simply build a stronger resume.
Identify yourself to us as a York grad and save up to 15 per cent!
With 10 offices across the country, you can meet your coach in person, by Skype or by phone.
- Need help building a unique professional resume?
- Is it time for a career change?
- Are you ready to tackle the job market?
- Have you been challenged to become a better leader?
Due to COVID-19 most courses are now offered online.
Lifelong learning is important to your personal and professional development. It’s a way of expanding your perspectives on the world, as well as an avenue to exploring new career options.
As a York grad, you get a 10 per cent discount on many of the continuing education courses we offer through these sites:
School of Continuing Studies (SCS)
Alumni receive a discount on featured programs.
Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC)
If you are a graduate of York University or a member of the SEEC Alumni Network, you could be eligible for a discount on all programs.
Glendon College Extended Learning
Check out featured courses for individuals, groups and companies by visiting the Glendon Continuing Education website.
Osgoode Continuing Legal Education (open only to Osgoode alumni)
Osgoode alumni are invited to take advantage of their discount on upcoming online programs.
Faculty of Health - Health Leadership & Learning Network (HLLN)
Students and alumni receive a discount depending on the course value:
- Courses under $600: 5% savings
- Courses over $600: 10% savings
- NEW PROGRAM: Program Evaluator Professional Certificate. Register before June 1, 2021. New grads (two years out) receive 12% off; all others receive 10% off.
Health professionals are invited to view all courses and details by visiting hlln.info.yorku.ca.