Skip to main content Skip to local navigation
Home » About Us

About Us

The Office of Alumni Engagement was created to build meaningful relationships and showcase targeted programs and services for our 300,000+ York alumni around the world. Reach out and join us!

We are part of the Division of Advancement whose goal is to promote York’s teaching and research priorities. Together, we work to engage alumni in the life of the University and our students, and to encourage philanthropic support.

You can reach Alumni Engagement and other York Advancement staff by email or phone.

Woman in leather jacket using mobile phone

York Division of Advancement

Browse a listing of our staff

Man answering a question for a woman at at a laptop

York University Alumni Board

Learn more about our current board members

Our Mission

Advancement at York leads and inspires meaningful engagement and philanthropic support from alumni and friends to advance the University’s mission.

The Division is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors as well as building mutually-beneficial relationships with alumni and many other members of the community. We are also deeply committed to building the reputation of York University as a leading, progressive, research-intensive University uniquely positioned for the betterment of society in the 21st century.


Do you have a question for The Office of Alumni Engagement? See our FAQ for answers to common questions, with links to our resources.

How can I get my alumni card?

We are no longer offering plastic alumni cards. Please download the York U Alumni Perks app on mobile or access it on your desktop to find your digital alumni card and gain access to special alumni events and discounts. Read our privacy policy.

Where can I find more information about upcoming events? All of our events can be found using our event calendar.

How do I register for an event? You can register through the event section. Simply select the event from the event calendar that you'd like to attend and complete the registration form.

What are Class Notes? Class Notes are personal or professional news you'd like to share with other grads. A selection of class notes is included in each printed and online issue of The York University Magazine.

How can I submit a Class Note? You can submit a Class Note by filling out this form.

Does York provide alumni with email for life? After careful consultation with students and alumni, it was determined that a York University email account is not a valuable service to new graduates and alumni. Consequently, the alumni email service was discontinued in winter 2019.Your Google Apps at York student account ( will remain active and accessible to you through Passport York until mid-October of the year you graduate, or for as long as records reflect you as an active student with the Registrar’s Office. You will be given notice and provided ample time to forward yourself important emails, and make contacts aware of this change. For more information about computing accounts and Google Apps at York, visit lifecycle of computing accounts

I'm graduating this year, do I need to apply for the JD designation? No, your degree will reflect the change to the JD designation.

I graduated prior to 2009, what do I need to do to apply for JD designation? Effective June 2009, the Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree designation was renamed to a Juris Doctor (JD) degree. Alumni who received an LLB degree may elect to change their designation to a JD degree. Visit the Registrar's Office website to order your your diploma re-classification through their E-Commerce website.

Does it cost anything to change to the JD designation?

Yes, the cost of the JD Reclassification and Diploma re-print is $105 plus applicable HST and shipping. You will receive a re-print of your parchment with the reclassified degree Juris Doctor and an update to yuverify (online service which confirms whether or not someone received a degree and/or certificate (undergraduate or graduate) from York University).

If you do not require a Diploma re-print the cost is $40 plus applicable HST.

Visit the Degree Reclassifications page for further details.

What is it and what does it do? Passport York is York's primary method of online authentication. You can use your Passport York username and password to log into York's online services and tools, like downloading tax forms and ordering transcripts.

Forgot your password or username? Visit Passport York for information on how to reset your password or username.

New to Passport York? Learn more about Passport York.

How can I update my information with you? You can fill out this form or call us at 416-650-8159 (toll free 1-866-876-2228) to update your information and communications preferences.

How can I change the way you communicate with me? You can customize what you'd like to receive or call us at 416-650-8159 (toll free 1-866-876-2228).

I've completed my degree and want to take a non-degree program. How do I go about doing that? You will have to apply for non-degree status through the Registrar's Office. For more information, visit the Registrar's Office website.

How do I enroll for courses to complete a certificate? You will have to re-apply through the Admissions Office as a visiting student.

How do I reactivate my undergraduate standing? If you are returning to York to complete your degree and you did not enrol in courses in the last fall/winter session, then you must reactivate your record by following the steps on the Registrar's Office website.

How can I transfer to a different faculty? You will need to complete the steps outlined on the Registrar's Office website.

Where can I find my tuition tax receipt (Tax Form T220A)? The T220A tax form is only found online. Your Passport York login is required to access the form.

When are they available to print? The T220A tax form is usually available in late January or early February.

When will my T4A and/or T4 slips be mailed to me? These tax forms are usually mailed out by Feb. 28.

What if I have more questions? Please e-mail Student Financial Services.

Where can I get a copy of my transcript? You can order your transcript with the Registrar's Office.

Where can I get my diploma (original, replacement or certified copy)? You can go to the Diploma Services website or send them an email at

Where can I find more information regarding convocation? You can visit the Convocation website for information regarding tickets, ceremony schedules and convocation-related items.