For the most current information regarding the CUPE 3903 labour disruption, please visit York’s labour disruption website. Students will be able to find information about the status of their courses on the Course Status website or via eClass.
We understand that you may have questions and concerns about how this evolving situation may impact you as a student. The University’s top priority is to continue supporting you and your learning. For information regarding campus access, resources and more, please consult our FAQs.
Connect with our community of peer mentors to successfully navigate your first year at York! Peer mentors are engaged and knowledgeable upper-year students trained to help you access university resources, find friends, communicate effectively with professors and give you the inside scoop on life at York.
What do Peer Mentors Do?
Peer Mentors can help you:
- Find your way around campus
- Make the best use of campus resources
- Learn academic and personal skills for success
- Make friends, get involved, and build a community
- Reflect on what you want from your experience at York and set goals to get there
- Feel more confident solving problems
- Find the fun on campus
You can ask your Peer Mentor questions like:
- How do I study for midterms and exams?
- How do I manage stress and take care of myself while at university?
- Where can I eat on campus?
- How do I connect with my professors?
- How do I balance school, work and home life?
- Where can I find a comfortable space on campus to study or relax?
- How do I do research for assignments?
Have a question for your Peer Mentor, but aren't sure if they can answer it? Ask anyway! Even if a Peer Mentor doesn't know the answer, they'll work alongside you to find it or get you to someone who does.
Become a Peer Mentor Volunteer!
Being a Peer Mentor is incredibly rewarding experience! Not only are you helping students transition through their first year at York, but you also get to have a positive impact on the York community, build connections with other LA&PS students and staff, and learn valuable professional skills.
Note: We are doing a limited round of Peer Mentor recruitment for the Winter 2024 semester! If you're interested in applying, please fill out the application form. Deadline to apply is December 13.
Connect with Us
Peer Mentor Office Hours
Vanier Lobby, VC121
Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
LA&PS Colleges Community Hub
Vanier Rennaissance Room, VC001
Monday – Thursday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
McLaughlin College Head Office
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Meet the Mentors!
We can't wait to meet you! It doesn't matter if we're not in the same program or department, we can bond as LA&PS students! We've supplied some information about our interests and experiences at York to help you get to know us. Reach out to us using the "choose a mentor" form. We can't wait to hang out and learn more about your aspirations for your time at York!
— Your 2023-2024 Peer Mentors