The President's Creative Writing Awards recognize excellence in the categories of short fiction, poetry, screenplay and stage play. They are open to all York undergraduate students.
- Candidates must be full-time or part-time York University undergraduates.
- Submissions will be received in the following categories:
- Short Fiction
- A prize of $400.00 will be awarded to the best entry in each category. In the event that the judges conclude no entry is of sufficient merit, no prize will be awarded.
- The results of the competition will be announced in the spring and the prizes will be awarded at the Creative Writing Awards reception. Names will be published in yFile and will be posted on the English Department and Creative Writing Program website.
- There is no minimum or maximum length requirement in each category, but submissions must fall within these categories (for example, the awards are not open to novels and opera librettos). Contestants may enter submissions in multiple categories but may submit no more than one entry in each category.
- All submissions must be unpublished and original.
- Please do not include the author’s name in the submission itself; include it only in your online submission form. Submissions that include the author’s name on the manuscript will be disqualified.
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- No paper submissions will be accepted.
- Submit your entry online
Contest Deadline: January 18, 2021