We are proud to share with you the Faculty of Science 2022 Annual Review, “Our Community, Our Impact”.
This publication is a collection of our Faculty's highlights and accomplishments from 2022, showcasing how we are striving to make York Science a great place to study, to research, and to be proud community members.
In this report, you will find highlights about our:
- efforts to embed principles of equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) into how we lead, research, and teach;
- honours and awards recipients, including new members of the Royal Society of Canada and the winners of our Faculty of Science Research and Teaching Awards;
- research funding totaling $20.6 million, including an incredible $7.25 million grant from the International Development Research Centre of Canada to establish the Global South Artificial Intelligence for Pandemic and Epidemic Preparedness and Response Network;
- research and innovations, including vacuuming DNA from air to monitor biodiversity and the creation of a more sensitive rapid antigen test;
- work to enhance teaching and learning excellence by offering new resources and development opportunities for our instructors, and through pedagogical innovation in our courses.
- new programming, including a Data Science program and revamped offerings in Science, Technology & Society, including new courses focused on EDI;
- new international education experience programs and initiatives, such as our 2+2/2+3 Undergraduate International Collaboration Education Program;
- and more!
We hope you enjoy reading our 2022 Annual Review: www.yorku.ca/science/2022AR.