|Opportunity Name||Catalyst Funding Program in Healthy Aging|
|Agency||AGE-WELL and the Canadian Frailty Network (CFN)|
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||02-09-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||02-16-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||02-22-2023, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||02-24-2023, by 5:00PM|
To identify and support emerging research in technology-enabled healthy aging, foster networking and collaboration, and build capacity in aging innovation research in Canada. It is expected that small-scale projects funded through this call will provide a foundation for future larger research projects or funding applications.
Projects may consider complementary social and healthcare innovations (e.g., new community programs, new service-delivery models, policy recommendations, and prevention strategies) related to the technology-enabled solution.
- Innovative solutions that empower older adults to live safe, healthy, and socially connected lives within their homes and/or communities of choice and to support their care partners.
- Building safer, more accessible, or more connected communities.
- Development and accelerated dissemination of best practices, guidelines or standards.
- Solutions that include and meet the needs of vulnerable and equity-deserving groups of people.
- Quality improvement studies that investigate novel and innovative ways to improve the lives of older Canadians.
This funding opportunity is open to researchers based at Canadian research institutions that are eligible to hold Tri-Council funding. Current or prior affiliation with either AGE-WELL or CFN is not required. Please see the guidelines for further details on eligibility.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.