|Opportunity Name||New Directions (ND) Grants|
|Agency||American Chemical Society|
|Value||Up to $125,000|
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||02-24-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||03-03-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||03-08-2023, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||03-10-2023, by 5:00PM|
- To support fundamental research in the petroleum field, and
- To develop the next generation of engineers and scientists through support of advanced scientific education.
Regularly-appointed faculty members at academic institutions in countries where ACS PRF can administer grants are eligible. Additionally:
- The non-profit institution submitting the ND proposal must certify that each individual listed as a principal investigator on the cover page qualifies as a principal investigator under the institution’s Principal Investigator policies.
- Each principal investigator (lead and co-PI) must be eligible to serve as the formal, official supervisor of graduate students in graduate degree programs.
- Emeritus faculty who may supervise post-doctoral fellows are also eligible to apply.
- The terms of appointment of the principal investigator (and, if appropriate, the co-PI) must promise reasonable continuity of service through the life of the grant.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.