|Opportunity Name||Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships|
|Agency||Canadian Institutes of Health Research|
|Confirm commitments to FSc RO||06-29-2022|
|Letter of Intent (LOI) due through online submission||07-13-2022|
|Internal selection process||08-12-2022|
|Application development meetings||08-15-2022 to 08-19-2022|
|Revised files due to Kim McIntyre at email@example.com for technical review||09-14-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||09-14-2022|
|Application due at agency||09-21-2022|
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country's economic, social and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
The Banting program is unique in its emphasis on the “synergy” between the applicant and the host institution—that is, the close and unique alignment of the supervisor’s research, the applicant’s research, and the institution’s strategic priorities. This “synergy” should therefore guide both the prospective supervisor’s choice of candidate and the nomination package’s points of emphasis.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and/or foreign citizens.
- Recently completed a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree (degree completed between September 15, 2019 and September 30, 2023, with a possible extension of this window by up to a cumulative maximum of two years for career interruptions due to specific reasons.
- Nominees must not hold a tenure-track or tenured faculty position.
- Only in rare cases will a fellowship be offered to an applicant proposing to hold it at the same institution at which the PhD was completed.
- Applicants must be nominated by the institution and can only take up the fellowship at the nominating institution.
How to Apply
Contact Kim McIntyre, Post-doctoral Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or extension 22993, if you are interested in this opportunity.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.