|Opportunity Name||Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships Program|
|Agency||Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute (CANSSI)|
|Value||Up to $70,000/year + benefits|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10-11-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||10-18-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||10-23-2023, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||10-25-2023|
To provide a comprehensive training experience that prepares postdoctoral fellows for success in a variety of careers.
This program includes:
- Research project in statistical sciences (actuarial science, biostatistics, data science, statistics)
- An interdisciplinary or applied collaboration or interaction
- Teaching experience (broadly defined, that is equivalent to 1-2 courses over two years)
- Opportunities for professional development
- A competitive salary
- Applicants must have a PhD degree in statistics, biostatistics, actuarial sciences, or data science.
- Your thesis must be successfully defended before September 30, 2024.
- Additional requirements:
- Applicants must not have already received postdoctoral funding (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements for a doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year of application. Completion is considered as the date in which all requirements for the degree were met, including the successful defense and submission of the corrected copy of the thesis.
Applicants must submit proof of eligibility by October 15, 2024. Please contact email@example.com regarding questions about eligibility.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to this competition, please contact Kim McIntyre, Post-doctoral Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 22993.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.