|Opportunity Name||Diabetes Prevention and Treatment in Indigenous Communities Team Grant|
|Agency||Canadian Institutes of Health Research|
|Value||Up to $400,000/year|
|Duration||Up to 5 years|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||09-22-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||09-29-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||10-04-2022, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||10-06-2022|
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are:
- To define and integrate models of resilience and wellness into diabetes prevention and treatment approaches among First Nations, Inuit, and Métis Peoples.
- To support Indigenous-led and community-driven efforts to reverse the upward trajectory of diabetes in Indigenous communities.
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be:
- an individual affiliated with an Indigenous non-governmental organization in Canada with a research and/or knowledge translation mandate.
- an Indigenous non-governmental organization in Canada with a research and/or knowledge translation mandate.
- affiliated with a Canadian postsecondary institution and/or its affiliated institutions.
- working in a municipal, provincial or territorial government in Canada where the activity which forms the subject matter of the funding is not being funded by specific programs of those municipal, provincial and territorial governments.
- Must have their substantive role in Canada for the duration of the requested grant term.
- Must either self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit or Métis) or provide evidence of having meaningful and culturally safe involvement with Indigenous Peoples.
Full eligibility requirements here.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.
For specific questions, please contact your FSc Research Officer
(Biology, Physics & Astronomy, Science, Technology & Society)
Phoebe Tsz-Wai Chan
(Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics)