|Opportunity Name||Type 1 Diabetes and Precision Medicine Team Grant|
|Agency||Canadian Institutes of Health Research and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation|
|Value||Up to $3,500,000|
|Duration||Up to 4 years|
|Notify faculty and SIRI of intention to apply||06-30-2022|
|Submit a copy of registration to SIRI||07-21-2022|
|Application due to SIRI for full review||08-08-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||08-16-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due to SIRI for mandatory review||08-22-2022|
|Application due at agency||08-23-2022|
- To generate knowledge regarding the heterogeneity of T1D that will enable and inform new precision medicine approaches for the prediction, prevention, care, or treatment of T1D.
- To advance curative and disease-modifying therapies for T1D using precision medicine approaches.
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be one of the following:
- an independent researcher affiliated with a Canadian postsecondary institution and/or its affiliated institutions.
- an individual affiliated with an Indigenous-led non-governmental organization in Canada with a research or knowledge translation mandate.
- The NPA must have their substantive role in Canada for the duration of the requested grant term.
- The Institution Paid must be authorized to administer CIHR funds before the funding can be released.
- An applicant can only submit one application as an NPA, but can participate in any number of applications in other applicant roles.
More eligibility requirements here.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.
For specific questions, please contact your FSc Research Officer
(Biology, Physics & Astronomy, Science, Technology & Society)
Phoebe Tsz-Wai Chan
(Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics)