|Opportunity Name||Diabetes, Psychosocial Health, Prevention and Self-Management Operating Grant|
|Agency||Canadian Institutes of Health Research|
|Value||Up to $1,000,000|
|Duration||Up to 4 years|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10-18-2022|
|Application due to SIRI for full review||TBD|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||10-25-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due to SIRI for mandatory review||10-31-2022|
|Application due at agency||11-01-2022|
- To generate knowledge and support knowledge mobilization about effective interventions and models of care for psychosocial health and self-management for people living with diabetes.
- To advance development and implementation of interventions or models of care to improve the psychosocial health of people with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- To improve Indigenous-led, community-driven prevention of type 2 diabetes (T2D), support of psychosocial health and resilience, models of care and self-management for Indigenous youth and young adults living with or at risk of T2D.
- To improve prevention of T2D, support of psychosocial health and resilience, models of care and self-management for youth and young adults living with or at risk of T2D in racialized, ethnocultural and low socio-economic status communities that are disproportionately affected by T2D.
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be one of the following:
- an independent researcher affiliated with a Canadian postsecondary institution and/or its affiliated institutions.
- an individual affiliated with an Indigenous-led non-governmental organization in Canada with a research or knowledge translation mandate.
- The NPA must have their substantive role in Canada for the duration of the requested grant term.
Full eligibility guidelines here.
How to Apply
To signal your intent to apply and to book a one-on-one meeting, please contact Diana Frasca, Strategic and Institutional Research Initiatives Specialist, in the Office of Research Services, by e-mail (email@example.com).
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.
CIHR will be hosting webinar(s) to support participants with the requirements of this funding opportunity and to answer questions. To find out more information and to register, visit the Webinars page.
For specific questions, please contact your FSc Research Officer
(Biology, Physics & Astronomy, Science, Technology & Society)
Phoebe Tsz-Wai Chan
(Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics)