|Opportunity Name||Project Grants|
|Agency||Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||08-29-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||09-11-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||N/A|
|Application due at agency||09-14-2023, by 12:00PM (noon)|
The Project Grant program is expected to:
- Support a diverse portfolio of health-related research and knowledge translation proposals at any stage, from discovery to application, including commercialization;
- Promote relevant collaborations across disciplines, professions, and sectors; and
- Contribute to the creation and use of health-related knowledge.
The Project Grant program is open to applicants in all areas of health research that are aligned with the CIHR mandate: "To excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge and its translation into improved health for Canadians, more effective health services and products, and a strengthened Canadian health care system". Topics include:
- Global Health
- Indigenous Health Research
- Randomized Controlled Trials
- Interdisciplinary Research
- Specific Research Areas
For full eligibility requirements, click here.
How to Apply
The Office of Research Services (ORS) treats the SSHRC Insight Grant, the NSERC Discovery and NRS Grants, and the CIHR Project Grant differently from all other external competitions. For these competitions, the NOI does not require an ORS checklist and can be submitted directly to the agency portal without Institutional review.