|Opportunity Name||Team Grant – Lung Health|
|Agency||Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)|
|Value||Up to $3,500,000|
|Duration||Up to 5 years|
|Notify faculty and SIRI of intention to apply||10-10-2023|
|Application due to SIRI for full review||10-25-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||11-09-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due to SIRI for mandatory review||11-13-2023|
|Application due at agency||11-16-2023|
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are to:
- Address the biological, social, environmental and/or behavioural effects on lung health through rigorous research approaches informed by intersectional analyses;
- Coordinate the collection and sharing of data to understand, prevent, detect and manage lung health to improve reproducibility and rigour of research results;
- Disseminate, inform and implement high-quality evidence into practice and policy for improved and more equitable health outcomes;
- Strengthen and promote lung health research capacity through interdisciplinary and experiential-based approaches to foster the next generation of lung health researchers;
- Meaningfully integrate equity, diversity and inclusion analyses and considerations within research studies and teams; and
- Broadly strengthen the respiratory health and wellness of people living in Canada with meaningful consideration of historically excluded groups and Indigenous Peoples (First Nations, Inuit and Métis).
CIHR will be hosting a webinar to support discuss the requirements of this call on Tuesday, September 26 2023 at 2:00pm ET (Join).
Full eligibility requirements here.
How to Apply
To signal your intent to apply and to book a one-on-one meeting, please contact Abby Vogus, Strategic and Institutional Research Initiatives Specialist, in the Office of Research Services, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.