|Opportunity Name||Research Fellowship|
|Agency||College Student Success Innovation Centre (CSSIC)|
|Value||$25,000 to $100,000|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 10%|
|Duration||1 to 3 years|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10-05-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||10-13-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||10-18-2023|
|Application due at agency||10-20-2023, by 8:00PM|
- identify and validate innovative student services and/or teaching approaches, methods, and practices that promote success for postsecondary students at Mohawk College and beyond; and
- advance evidence-based research and practice in the college sector; and foster inter-institutional collaboration between Mohawk College and other postsecondary institutions.
The resulting research findings and project outputs must be directly applicable to Mohawk College students and will be disseminated widely.
Proposals should primarily emphasize how the proposed intervention is intended to promote student success and may be categorized within one or more of the following disciplines:
- Adult, higher, or postsecondary education
- Student affairs, student development, or student services
- Curriculum, assessment, or teaching and learning (e.g., online teaching and learning, experiential learning, supporting international learners, knowledge/skill development)
- Access, equity, diversity, and/or inclusion in postsecondary education
- Other disciplines/fields for which research insights can be directly applied to the college student experience with the aim of promoting student success.
The awarded fellowship(s) will be held by an individual researcher(s) with the following qualifications:
- PhD or EdD, with evidence of having undertaken research in one of the identified disciplines (evidence of having successfully led and completed a funded research project will be considered favourably)
- Full-time or multi-year appointment (for the duration of the proposed project/funding period) at a Canadian postsecondary institution that holds Tri-Agency institutional eligibility; the ability to lead/supervise a research project; and associated paid/allocated time for research. Eligible appointments include tenured and tenure-track faculty positions, limited-term appointments, postdoctoral fellowships, and other faculty and staff positions with compensated time to conduct research.
How to Apply
The CSSIC will facilitate a series of three (3) informational webinars leading up to the application deadline of October 20, 2023:
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023 – 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (EDT)
- Wednesday, August 23, 2023 – 10:00 am to 11:00 am (EDT)
- Thursday, September 14, 2023 – 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm (EDT)
Each webinar will cover the following components:
- Background and context about the opportunity
- Guided review of the Call for Applications
- Facilitation of questions from attendees
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.