|Opportunity Name||Resource Allocation Competition (RAC)|
|Agency||Digital Research Alliance of Canada|
|Value||N/A (Digital Research Alliance of Canada will offer access to computing time, storage space and cloud resources in their systems)|
|Duration||Up to 3 years|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10-24-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||10-31-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||11-03-2023, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||11-07-2023, by 11:59PM|
The RAC provides support through the following two peer-reviewed application process:
- Resources for Research Groups (RRG) – for projects whose primary purpose is to conduct research requiring compute, storage and cloud resources to meet their goals. Project primarily needing persistent instances in the cloud to provide a service through a platform, or a portal should apply through the Research Platforms and Portals (RPP) application process instead.
- Research Platforms and Portals (RPP) – for projects whose primary purpose is to provide a service through scientific gateways that improve access to shared datasets, enhance existing online research tools and facilities, or advance national or international collaboration. However, projects primarily needing compute resources in a cluster to conduct research should apply through the RRG process instead.
Projects applying must:
- provide a service to a larger research community via a set of cloud-based tools, applications and/or data, thus enabling them to access national computational resources via a common interface;
- be able to develop, operate and manage the proposed portal or platform with minimal support from the Federation.
To be eligible to submit an application to any of the Resource Allocation Competitions, Principal Investigators (PI) and Co-PIs must:
- be a faculty member at a Canadian academic institution, and
- have an active Alliance account with an Academic Principal Investigator role (Faculty, Adjunct Faculty or Librarian).
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.
English session — September 28, 12:00 – 1:30 PM EST
French session — September 29, 12:00 – 1:30 PM EST