|Opportunity Name||France-Canada Research Fund (FCRF) New Scientific Collaboration Support Program|
|Agency||French Embassy in Canada|
|Value||$8,000 – $15,000 for travel and living expenses|
|Application due to ORS for full review||11-03-2023, by 10:00AM|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||11-10-2023|
|Electronic submission due at agency AND to ORS||11-17-2023, by 11:59PM PST|
The program aims to accomplish the following objectives:
- Support development of new expert partnerships between France and Canada
- Promote the advancement of research and innovation
- Prepare and structure scientific cooperation between the two countries,
- Promote researchers’ mobility, particularly for early-stage researchers, and
- Provide research training for researchers at the master’s and doctorate levels.
Special focus for 2024: The FRCF 2024 will reserve up to 8 collaborative projects covering one of the following two priority themes:
- Priority theme 1: One Health? A multi-sector approach to achieving health equity
- Priority theme 2: Climate change and adapting to extreme environments
For more information on the priority themes, please see the FFCR 2024 guidelines.
This program provides funds for new scientific projects jointly developed by French and Canadian teams that have never worked together before. This program is meant to initiate new partnerships in research between France and Canada. Applications must come from Principal Investigators (PIs), both from research establishments located in France and Canada.
- PIs must have a tenure or tenure track position or full-time position working at an affiliate institute
- Teams not selected in previous editions that wish to apply again must inform the Embassy of France in Canada at the time of submitting their new application. There is a limit of one second application
How to Apply
All York applicants are now required to submit their FINAL application electronically to Embassy of France’s Scientific Office at firstname.lastname@example.org AND to ORS at email@example.com by Friday, November 17, 2023 (23:59, Pacific Time).
Only five proposals will be accepted by the agency from each university. If more than five proposals are submitted on the November 17th deadline, ORS will coordinate an internal peer review process to select the five applications to go forward to the agency. Applications cannot be revised after they are submitted to the France-Canada Research Fund on November 17, 2023. As a result, the peer review committee will not provide any substantive feedback since it is not possible to incorporate the feedback in the application. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to work with their Faculty-based Research Support Staff on their applications as well as to submit to Mala Thakoor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10:00am on Friday, November 3rd to receive an administrative review.
All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by December 15th.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.