|Opportunity Name||2022 Fall Grant|
|Value||Not stated (If you have specific questions regarding the amount of your request, please feel free to contact the agency at firstname.lastname@example.org.)|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 10%|
|Duration||Not stated (Multi-year projects are considered for compelling and appropriate proposals and are dependent on availability of funds.)|
Letter of Intent (LOI)
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||09-14-2022|
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||09-19-2022, by 9:00AM|
|LOI due at agency||09-21-2022, by 5:00PM|
Full proposal (by invitation only)
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||10-06-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||10-14-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||10-19-2022, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||10-21-2022|
Main objectives are to:
- protect, maintain and enhance: Greenbelt systems, natural features and biodiversity and unique values and features of the Protected Countryside, Niagara Escarpment, Oak Ridges Moraine, Urban River Valleys;
- foster and promote a sustainable Greenbelt: recreation and tourism, agriculture and agricultural products; rural economy; and cost-effective climate change resilience solutions that leverage Greenbelt natural systems;
- improve understanding and awareness of: Greenbelt benefits including economic; effectiveness of the Greenbelt Plan; and approaches to achieving the vision and goals of the Greenbelt; and
- engage and collaborate with First Nations, Indigenous communities, major stakeholders and community organizations.
For the Fall 2022 round, applications will be accepted to the following streams:
- The Prosperous Greenbelt supports sustainable agricultural and rural vitality in the Greenbelt.
- The Resilient Greenbelt works with nature to increase regional resilience and the public benefits provided by the Greenbelt.
Charities and incorporated not for profit organizations are eligible to apply. However, the Foundation does not fund individuals.
How to Apply
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and at 416-960-0001 ext. 310 or 341 to discuss your proposal prior to submitting an LOI.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.
For specific questions, please contact your FSc Research Officer
(Biology, Physics & Astronomy, Science & Technology Studies)
Phoebe Tsz-Wai Chan
(Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics)