|Opportunity Name||Elevate Program|
|Intent to Apply and Conflict of Interest submission due at agency||06-10-2022 by 8:00PM|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||06-21-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||06-28-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||07-04-2022 by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||07-06-2022 by 8:00PM|
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with an exclusive development curriculum component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- A two-year research project with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A professional development curriculum that prepares Elevate fellows for success as leaders in research and industry
Fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, fellows divide their time between their partner organization's project and academic institution-based research with their academic supervisor.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or international applicant.
- Must be based at an academic institution (including colleges or polytechnics) located in Canada for the duration of the fellowship.
- Date of graduation from a PhD program is less than five years to proposed start date of the Elevate project.
- Must have fulfilled all PhD degree requirements (e.g., successful defence, final deposit, and sign-off of the dissertation), meet the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria at their home academic institution, and hold a postdoctoral fellow status for the entire duration of their Mitacs Elevate fellowship.
- Fellows who have held a Mitacs Accelerate award as a Master's or PhD student are eligible as long as they have not completed more than one year (three internship units equivalent) of Mitacs Accelerate at postdoctoral level.
- Fellows cannot apply to multiple Mitacs programs for the same period of time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to this competition, please contact Rachel Sung, Mitacs Business Development Specialist at email@example.com.
Post-docs should contact Kim McIntyre, Post-doctoral Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 22993, once they have approval from Mitacs to submit an application.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.