|Opportunity Name||Climate Change Adaptation Program (2022-2027)|
|Agency||Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)|
|Valu||See the Applicant Guide|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 15%|
|Duration||Based on the scope of the work (Must be between January 1, 2024 and December 31, 2026)|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||09-08-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||09-15-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||09-20-2023, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||09-22-2023, by 11:59PM|
- Support decision-makers in identifying and implementing adaptation actions;
- Enhance adaptation knowledge and skills among Canada’s workforce; and
- Increase access to climate change adaptation tools and resources.
NRCan welcome proposals for projects that address climate change adaptation on the following topics (see the Applicant Guide for more information):
- Adaptation skills
- Emerging issues
- Natural resource sectors
This Call for Proposals is open to individuals and organizations that are incorporated or registered in Canada, including:
- Academic institutions;
- Non-governmental organizations;
- Industry, research, and professional associations;
- Companies and businesses;
- Indigenous communities or governments;
- Community, regional and national Indigenous organizations; and
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.