|Opportunity Name||Alliance Grants — Option 2|
|Agency||Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)|
|Value||$30,000 – $1,000,000/year|
|Duration||1 to 5 years|
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||10 business days prior to agency submission|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||5 business days prior to agency submission|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||2 business days prior to agency submission|
|Application due at agency||No deadline (applications may be submitted at any time)|
NSERC Alliance Grants encourage university researchers to collaborate with partner organizations, which can be from the private, public or not-for-profit sectors. These grants support research projects led by strong, complementary, collaborative teams that will generate new knowledge and accelerate the application of research results to create benefits for Canada.
Research supported by Alliance grants will:
- generate new knowledge and/or technology to address complex challenges;
- create economic, social and/or environmental benefits;
- contribute to Canada’s long-term competitiveness;
- support public policy;
- train new researchers in areas that are important to Canada and to the partner organizations;
- draw on diverse perspectives and skill sets to accelerate the translation and application of research results.
Projects supported under Option 2 grants will also:
- address a societal challenge that will result in new natural sciences and engineering knowledge and societal impact;
- bring together academic, partner organization and societal perspectives and skill sets throughout the collaboration; and
- demonstrate how all interested individuals will learn about and use the products, services or policies that stem from this research.
You must have at least one partner organization (in the private, public, or not-for-profit sector) whose cash contributions will be recognized for cost-sharing (see Alliance grants: Role of partner organizations).
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.