|Opportunity Name||Alliance Grants Program|
|Agency||Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and the Communications Security Establishment (CSE)|
|Value||Small project – $700,000/year|
Large project – $1,400,000/year
Letter of Intent (LOI)
|Notify SIRI of intent to apply||ASAP to email@example.com|
|LOI due to SIRI for full review||10-04-2023|
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||10-11-2023|
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due at SIRI for mandatory review||10-16-2023|
|LOI due at agency||10-18-2023|
|Application due to SIRI for full review||TBD|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||TBD|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due to SIRI for mandatory review||TBD|
|Application due at agency||01-17-2024|
- Generate new knowledge in robust, secure, and safe AI from either a model-centric or data-centric view.
- Enhance the capacities of Canadian universities to undertake research related to robust, secure, and safe AI.
- Help produce a new generation of data scientists and engineers sensitive to the issues around robust, secure, and safe AI.
- At the LOI stage, at least one co-PI must have security clearance to conduct classified work and must be willing to work for two weeks per year in Ottawa.
- CSE encourages researchers from multiple universities working in related domains to apply as a group to form a Research Community.
- Only one application per researcher will be accepted under this call for proposals (as either applicant or co-applicant).
- No changes to the team composition are allowed after the LOI stage.
How to Apply
Alliance LOI components (submit via NSERC’s online system):
- 3-page LOI template (attached)
- Preliminary budget
- CCV for the PI and all co-applicants
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.