|Opportunity Name||Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP) Program|
|Agency||Ontario Centre of Innovation and Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada|
|Value||$60,000 – $90,000 ($20,000 – $30,000 each from OCE, NSERC, and industry partner)|
|Indirect Costs||40% of industry cash coming to York|
|Duration||Up to 12 months|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10 business days prior to submission to agency|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||5 business days prior to submission to agency|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||2 business days prior to submission to agency, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||Anytime|
- To help companies develop, implement and commercialize technical innovations by supporting partnerships between Ontario’s industry and publicly funded post-secondary institutions.
- To generate economic benefit for companies in Ontario (including job creation/retention, new revenue generation, investment attraction, cost savings, value chain development, in the short-to-medium term (e.g., within three years of project completion).
- Supports R&D collaborations between companies and publicly funded universities.
- Supports projects with budgets under $100,000.
- Eligible to hold Tri-Council funds.
- Faculty from eligible Ontario universities.
- Researchers with active OCE or NSERC peer-reviewed grants.
- For profit SME organization, with Ontario R&D and/or manufacturing operations related directly to the project, and the capability to exploit the results.
- 5-499 global full-time employees and in operation for a minimum of two years.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.