|Opportunity Name||Winston Husbands Leadership Award in Strengthening the Response to HIV Among Black Communities|
|Agency||Ontario HIV Treatment Network|
|Value||Up to $75,000/year|
|Duration||Up to 2 years|
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||07-04-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||07-11-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||07-14-2022, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||07-18-2022, by 12:00PM|
Salary support for emerging Black scholars, knowledge users, and service providers who work collaboratively with community stakeholders to understand and address the impact of HIV on African, Caribbean, and Black communities in Ontario.
OHTN has identified seven priorities or key learning areas:
- Effective PrEP scale-up in Ontario
- Population-focused prevention and health promotion
- HIV testing
- Linkage, adherence, and retention in care
- Clinical care standards and capacity
- Integration of services
- Mental health and well-being of people living with and at risk of HIV (including stigma reduction)
Eligible applicants include scholars, researchers, physicians, service providers, knowledge users, or policy makers who:
- Are either:
- affiliated with a university or research institution in Ontario as postdoctoral fellows or junior faculty with a tenure stream appointment at the time of application and duration of the award.
- a university graduate employed in research, program, or policy development at a health organization with at least three years of experience in their field.
- Self-identify as Black, African, or Caribbean and have a demonstrated track record of scholarship or service for Black Canadian communities
- Have a mentor with a track record of scholarship or service for Black Canadian communities.
- Have primary employment and residence in Ontario.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.
An information session will be held on June 28, 2022 at 12:00PM EST. Please RSVP to email@example.com by June 24, 2022 at 5:00PM.