|Opportunity Name||Early Accelerator Projects|
|Agency||Ontario Institute for Cancer Research|
|Value||Up to $150,000|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 30%|
|Duration||Up to 1 year|
Note: The deadline for submission of the Notice of Intent (NOI) is the same as the deadline for Letter of Intent (LOI) submission, however, applicants are encouraged to submit their NOI as early as possible to assist with planning and to ensure sufficient time to complete the LOI by the deadline.
|Information session||06-30-2022, 2:00 - 3:00PM|
|Letter of Intent (LOI) due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||06-28-2022|
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||07-06-2022|
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||07-11-2022, by 9:00AM|
|LOI due at agency||07-13-2022, by 5:00PM|
|Notice of Intent (NOI) submission||07-13-2022, by 5:00PM|
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||09-21-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||09-28-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||10-03-2022, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency (by invitation only)||10-05-2022, by 5:00PM|
Deliver a validated primary assay to enable initial screening of molecules against a defined target.
The overall objectives of this program are to:
- Create a pipeline of validated cancer targets and first-in-class or best-in-class, novel, selective lead molecules (small molecules or biologics) that will attract partnerships and/or investment for further preclinical and clinical development; and
- Support projects that aim to provide increasing evidence of target validation and disease association using data from knowledge bases, functional assays, and drug screening in relevant in vitro and in vivo models of the cancer type of interest.
- OICR invites applications from investigators at Ontario academic centres, hospital research institutes or other government research institutions. CTIP funding is only tenable in Ontario.
- For profit entities are not eligible to receive CTIP funding.
- Investigators are eligible to participate on and submit multiple CTIP submissions via this RFA.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.
An information session will be held on June 30, 2022 from 2:00 - 3:00PM.
For specific questions, please contact your FSc Research Officer
(Biology, Physics & Astronomy, Science, Technology & Society)
Phoebe Tsz-Wai Chan
(Chemistry, Mathematics & Statistics)