|Opportunity Name||Research Cooperation in the Canadian Francophonie Program|
|Agency||The Francophone Association for the Advancement of Sciences (Acfas)|
|Value||Up to $5,000/year|
|Duration||Projects must start between January 1 and March 1, 2024|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||08-25-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||09-01-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||09-07-2023, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||09-10-2023|
To encourage research collaborations between two French-speaking researchers (or teams) from different provinces or from a province and a territory, by offering mobility grants.
Five types of collaborative projects are eligible:
- Collaboration in a research project between two established researchers (research professionals, professors, postdoctoral fellows, etc.).
- Collaboration in a research project between an established researcher and graduate student;
- Collaboration in a research project between two research teams based in different provinces or territories;
- Internship of a graduate student in a research group, a research chair or a scholarly journal, to carry out various mandates that may go beyond research, for example the administration of the journal, linguistic revision, translation, etc.;
- Participation of a graduate student in a summer school in another province or territory.
Graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, research professionals and professors who are associated with a public university in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or Quebec.
Host environment for visiting scholars:
Professors, research professionals, research chairs and research groups who are associated with a public university in a province or territory of Canada (all provinces and territories are eligible), as well as publishers of French-language or bilingual scholarly journals in a territory or province of Canada.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.