|Opportunity Name||Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy Grants (SSTSG)|
|Agency||Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)|
|Duration||Travel must take place by August 31, 2024|
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||06-05-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||06-12-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||06-15-2023, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||06-18-2023, by 11:00AM MST|
- To assist faculty members, post-doctoral and doctoral students with travel to participate in conferences, workshops, seminars and academic meetings in alternate partner countries (India or Canada);
- To facilitate enhancing personal and professional growth of Indian and Canadian scholars and institutions;
- To facilitate promoting academic linkages between India and Canada.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of India and or Canada.
- Applicants must be a full-time faculty member/researcher/student (doctoral and post-doctoral) of an eligible institution.
- A student or a faculty who was awarded an SSTSG in 2022 - 2023 is not eligible until SSTSG in 2024 - 2025.
How to Apply
Post-docs should contact Kim McIntyre, Post-doctoral Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 22993, to submit an application.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.