|Opportunity Name||Targeted Grants in Mathematics and Physical Sciences|
|Value||Flexible based on the type of support requested|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 20%|
|Duration||Up to 5 years|
Letter of Intent (LOI)
|Letter of Intent (LOI) due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||10 business days prior to agency submission|
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||5 business days prior to agency submission|
|LOI and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||2 business days prior to agency submission, by 9:00AM|
|LOI due at agency||Anytime|
|Application due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for full review||10 business days prior to agency submission|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||5 business days prior to agency submission|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||2 business days prior to agency submission, by 9:00AM|
|Application due at agency||As noted in the LOI notification. Applicants will be notified of a decision within two months of the LOI submission.|
To support high-risk theoretical mathematics, physics, and computer science projects of exceptional promise and scientific importance on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications may be submitted by established U.S. and foreign public and private educational institutions and stand-alone research centres.
- PIs and co-Investigators must have a Ph.D. and a tenure-track or tenured position at said institutions or centres at the time of application.
- There are no citizenship or department requirements for PIs.
- Funding to U.S. national labs or salary support of scientists employed at these labs is not allowed.
- Scientists employed at national labs may be non-funded participants in a proposal/project and funding may be used to support travel or local expenses related to the participation of the lab-based scientist in activities related to the project.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.