|Opportunity Name||Social Sciences and Humanities Research Network on Sustainable Agriculture in a Net-Zero Economy|
|Agency||Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)|
|Value||Up to $2,000,000|
|Notify SIRI of intention to apply||07-15-2023|
|Application due to SIRI for full review||08-07-2023|
|SPORT review deadline||09-11-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||09-20-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due to SIRI for mandatory review||09-27-2023|
|Application due at agency||10-20-2023|
This interdisciplinary social sciences and humanities research network would foster innovative research, partnership and training activities pertaining to:
- social and socio-economic impacts of policy actions in agriculture in a net-zero future;
- behavioural and societal influences on agricultural practices in the agricultural and food sector; and
- approaches to scale up adoption of practices that contribute to Canada’s climate and environmental goals.
The successful applicant would be expected to lead, over five years, a national network of researchers exploring topics in sustainable agriculture, especially as they relate to a net-zero economy.
- Subject matter: Proposals can involve any disciplines, thematic areas, approaches or subject areas that are eligible for SSHRC funding or that are facilitating the flow and exchange of research knowledge and training activities on the social and socio-economic impacts of or influences on changes in the Canadian agricultural sector.
- Applicants: Applications must be submitted by an eligible Canadian University. The Project Director must be affiliated with the host institution. Post-doctoral researchers are not eligible to be a Project Director or co-director; students and federal sciences are not eligible to be project directors, co-directors or co-applicants.
How to Apply
For more information and support developing this application, please contact Abby Vogus, SIRI Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.